Thursday 6 February 2020

Work continues in preparation for my forthcoming exhibition. I am trying to hang a number of diverse works. many painters that make a living from selling their work often stick to a "winning formula".  I have the luxury of being able to paint whatever landscape subject comes to mind. 

I am looking forward to posting my new works as soon as they are ready to hang. Meanwhile it's back to the archive for the latest item. It is a happy memory of our trips to Snowdonia. Some years ago we would always travel through the Llanberis Pass and eat breakfast in the village of Llanberis. Afterwards a visit across Llyn Padarn to look at Dolpaddarn Castle and Dinorwig Slate Quarry.

This is my impression of "Dinorwig Slate Quarry, Llanberis", oil on canvas, 60cm x 50cm, 2013. It was painted from a photo I took back then. It is a rugged man made landscape but I still find it attractive to look at. I have painted this subject a number of times, especially in Winter.



"Dinorwig Slate Quarry, Llanberis", oil on canvas, 60cm x 50cm, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment