Thursday 27 February 2020

Last paintings to finish!

All is proceeding well at the moment. The final paintings will be completed before Monday , or at least that is the plan. After that comes the varnishing , where relevant.

Business card draft still not back from the printers. I should hear something by tomorrow.

Today's post from the archive is " Crows in Winter #2", oil on canvas board, 40cm x 30cm, 2010. It is one of a series of paintings that I have done, greatly inspired by Charles Francois Daubigny (1817 - 1878). I first saw "Snow" in Le Musee D'Orsay circa 2009 and I was deeply moved by it.for some reason. I only saw it twice because it was taken down a couple of years later and I have not seen it since. I have also seen it described as "Winter Crows", hence my title.

It is one of my favourite paintings. When I have more time I shall study Daubigny's work further and report back. I am told that he was an important painter but has received very little recognition in the UK but that may be different in France.


No comments:

Post a Comment