Saturday 15 February 2020

Back to The Seaside!

Returning to our seaside theme we are now hopping over to France. Our on the day flying visit to Blackpool Beach (20 mins) and collecting an order from Art Discount for supplies of canvas, left no time to savour the delights of the beach or the area.

However, like many artists I dream of visiting beaches in France but we are always too busy going elsewhere in France, mainly Provence. Therefore I have to use photos or refer to the experts, in this case Monet. I was inspired by the colours in his painting. In such cases I don't try and copy, as a learning exercise but rather use it as a starting point. It was painted with due respect and I really enjoyed doing it.

Therefore I share "Cliffs at Etretat, after Monet", oil on canvas, circa 2013, 60cm x 50cm (sold) and hope you enjoy.

Have a nice weekend everyone and stay safe from DTM ( Dennis the Menace)!

"Cliffs at Etretat, after Monet", oil on canvas, circa 2013, 60cm x 50cm (sold)

No comments:

Post a Comment