Thursday 16 April 2015

Wot No Rosette!!

I was woken this morning at an early hour by cries coming from Bob's Room. I know Bob has been on the wagon regarding alcohol. He thinks I haven't noticed the odd empty carton of ice cream or jar of honey sent by one of his many fans, lying around his room during cleaning it. (Bob is far to professional to do it himself and the dust is bad for his fur or so he claims... Ed).

Anyway discounting him getting his snout stuck in the aforesaid jar I feared some dreadful trauma had overtaken him or a nightmare perhaps. Resolving not to read him any more Edgar Allan Poe for his bedtime stories I made my way hastily down the hall to his den. When I entered he was sat shouting at the TV screen showing a rerun of the U.K. Election Debate. After some effort and the odd bar of chocolate I calmed him down enough to ask him what was the problem.

It seems whilst penning his manifesto he had been listening to the debate. ( I suspect there is some rewriting here based upon what the other parties have published in theirs...Ed). When he looked up the penny finally dropped...they were all wearing rosettes and Bob was definitely without in that department! I suggested a mutual friend could make one for him which could be made to measure just like his special "Lifeboats..R.N.L.I." jumper of which he is so fond.

I resolved to ring to place the order after the sun had risen. To calm him further I mentioned we hadn't posted anything for a couple of days and this worked as a distraction. Bob asked me to post "Spanish Harbour Sunset", an oil on board from circa 2006. Meanwhile the fate of the U.K. election result hangs by a thread literally as Bob cannot begin his campaign until the rosette arrives.


No comments:

Post a Comment