Thursday 2 April 2015

The Manifesto Grows

Curly Bob is still hard at work on the manifesto. During a comfort break(Ice cream & honey) he directed I publish "Snowdon Horseshoe, Winter", oil on canvas 2012.

We are slowly working through the back catalogue which we hope to clear in the next month or two.

This work was done by using a knife for most of the painting except the sky. I remember it well because we were in Llanberis, North Wales in February and it was a very cold day. I say "we" in general terms. I was stood outside the car sketching with watercolours  whilst wearing gloves and receiving very odd looks from passing drivers. I don't doubt they were wondering if I should be committed or not. Meanwhile Bob was in the car with the heater on full sporting a new muffler, hat and gloves. Advice was offered via notes held up to the window. That is the way of things as Bob is usually far too professional to get cold and/or wet in the furtherance of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment