Monday 27 April 2015

I Don't Believe It!

More wailing emanating from Bob's room told me all was not well with our world famous bear. After being told to keep calm and be patient Curly Bob had been very well behaved. Although fine on the exterior I know he has been very anxious about his rosette.

Our cleaner came today ( she is the one charged with the enormous burden of making Bob's rosette for his U.K. election campaign. He stayed in his room patiently waiting for its delivery. Being unwell I spent the afternoon dozing until awoken by the tidal wave of angst emanating from Bob's den.

I tried to placate him with promises of another rosette but all to no avail. Bob wanted her sacked on the spot. I told him if that were the case then no one would be cleaning his room any more , including the empty ice cream tubs & wrappings hidden under his bed. He accepted that and then suggested having her flogged. Would this look good in the local paper once his campaign got under way I wondered aloud? Perhaps this medieval approach to employment might cast the government's love of zero hours contracts in a better light. Curly Bob reflected on this and with the assistance of 2 tubs of his favourite "Belgian Salted Caramel" ice cream he agreed to await his rosette in the post.

A quick phone call secured a promise of having the rosette sent in the post. I expect Bob to be attacking the post man on a daily basis until it arrives. I think I, like much of the U.K. population,  am suffering from election fatigue and another 2 weeks to go...(Arghh!!! .. Ed)

To avoid the same bitter disappointment Bob requests I post "Village Andalucia #1" another oil on canvas from before 2010.


No comments:

Post a Comment