Sunday 15 March 2020

Open at Last!

Despite fears to the contrary we actually opened yesterday at Eccles Community Art Gallery. Amazingly there were still a good number of people about and we had several visitors during the morning I was in the Gallery.

2 good friends came down to have a look and support my efforts which was very welcome. Curly Bob is self isolating(more on that later). I was pleased with the display and all the help given my the Gallery organisers , especially Hilda Kirkman, who looks after me extremely well.

Soon I shall be posting  a video(assuming it works) on my Facebook timeline and Curly Bob's Art Emporium page when I fathom out how to do it. 

Meanwhile thank you to everybody who has been or will have been to see the works in the Gallery. It is run to showcase the work of artists of many types including those involved in producing crafts as well as traditional artworks.

As far as I know the Gallery will be open for the foreseeable future unless changes in circumstances alter that. needless to say Bob & I shall keep you informed.

Always having an eye to a business opportunity, Bob had suggested that if we offered a free loo roll with every painting sold it would improve sales. I had to explain that it might well create a health hazard with  crowds expected. It would also lower the tone of the Gallery. He is thinking about this for the moment.

For now here is one from the archives " Evening Light #3", oil on 50cm x 60cm canvas, (Sold). This was one of 5 similar semi abstract works I did for therapy reasons.

" Evening Light #3", oil on 50cm x 60cm canvas, (Sold)



For some reason known only to Google the link www.vanbear7.blogspot.com may not work from Facebook and you may have to type in the address above in the address box of your browser. Other times it works..go figure as our friends across the pond might say!!!

www.curlybobsartemporium.etsy.com

www.vanbear7.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/aluitios.vanbear

https://www.facebook.com/Curly-Bobs-Art-Emporium-112276986889837/?modal=admin_todo_tour

https://www.facebook.com/ArtsInEccles/

No comments:

Post a Comment