Monday 9 March 2020

At Last The Waiting is Over!

Bob has had me hard at it over the weekend. He really is a slave driver. All works are now ready for hanging after hours of stringing, recording & photographing each one.  It's a necessary chore and not one that has scope for any short cuts. However it does mean that everything is coming together and most of the hard work is over.

I am pleased with the range of palettes that I have experimented with and I particularly enjoyed doing some knife painting which I find very expressive and rewarding at the same time. It is clear that the timing for this show is not the best given the medical situation. However there it is and I am going on with it. There should be time for anyone to safely visit Eccles Community Art Gallery on or before Sat 4 April 2020.

The Gallery is open Tuesdays & Fridays 10 - 2 and  Saturdays 10 - 4

I am "in residence" from 10 -12 all 4 Saturday mornings and look forward to seeing you and to answer any questions you may have. Artists are always happy to see interested people whether they buy anything or not.

I haven't processed the images of my work to be displayed tomorrow but they should be ready before I open on Saturday 14 March.

However here is one I have the photo for. I painted it a couple of years ago and it is a very fond memory of holidays in North Wales.

It is titled "Y Garn #2", acrylic on 60cm x 50cm canvas, 2018










No comments:

Post a Comment