Tuesday 28 January 2020

A Productive Afternoon

Yet another afternoon at the easel to prepare work for  my show at Eccles Community Art Gallery on 10 March 2020 which runs for a month.

I managed to finish another A2 sized canvas with a North Wales landscape done with a knife. I shall now leave it to dry for a few days. Acrylic is slow to dry when applied impasto and basically left in outside temperatures. However the lack of a hard frost or wintry weather is a bonus at the moment so I can work much more in my studio than was the case this time last year.

Hopefully it will be a more diverse portfolio than for my September 2019  show.

This is another from the archive called "Flooded Forest", oil on canvas, 50cm,40cm from 2008. I painted this after seeing a documentary about swamplands around the world. The sunset is a bit of artistic licence!

Once again, apologies to anyone who has contacted me and not received a reply. I am balancing my day between art and online promotion. It is all aimed at raising money for our worthy causes. I am happy to do it and it is my choice but there is very little time left for anything else at the moment so please do not be offended and thank you to everyone who has become our friend, liked our page and followed me & Curly Bob. We really do appreciate it!


"Flooded Forest", oil on canvas, 50cm,40cm from 2008



No comments:

Post a Comment