Tuesday 12 November 2019

Opening a New Shop on Etsy!

After months of planning and countless management meetings Curly Bob & I have decided to open a shop on Etsy. Of course Bob will run it and I shall provide the labour and artwork.

This will require us to up our game as regards promotion via social networking. This looks like being a fairly steep learning curve and we hope any visitors will bear with us. (no pun intended)

I understand some new artists will refer to this as a "soft opening".  Personally this seems to mean blundering around until we get it right but we will get there.

The intention is to raise money for what we regard as our chosen worthy causes and an online shop was the next logical step. It will definitely be the proverbial voyage of discovery and every effort will be made to keep Bob on board until we reach our destination.

The first painting to be be shown is called "Winter Crows at Sunrise". It was inspired by a painting by Jean Claude Daubigny which I saw in the Musee D'Orsay in Paris 15 years ago. It is very difficult to locate online and was only hung for a couple of years. I  remember I was deeply moved by the winter light. I have tried to convey the deep cold using my own palette and hope any viewers will like it. Any constructive feedback always welcome.

It is for sale in my shop on Etsy


No comments:

Post a Comment