Sunday 7 April 2013

News From Abroad–Bob is heading into the jungle!

There has been a flurry of emails from Bob and several calls. These have been made during what he calls “breakout meetings”. I am not sure exactly what this means but I could here lots of music and the clinking of glasses in the background. I am beginning to suspect that the work to play ratio could be increased somewhat. I have tried to explain to Bob that between answering his calls ,emails  and replying to his ever growing fan club I have very little time for painting and drawing.

I am beginning to regret buying him the specially adapted IPad and IPhone. Another difficulty is that Bob has never been abroad before so the concept of time zones is a mystery to him.  He called me at 3.00 a.m. this morning as it was only 8.00 p.m Acapulco time. None of this is helping my artistic output at all.

He told me he is off on an excursion with several other bears who are on the same business seminar. It is to explore the hidden gems of the Mayan civilisation. He thinks it is a good idea to take his camera (also specially adapted) so that the photos will inspire me to paint a new range of paintings when he returns. I warned him that there are snakes (big ones) in the jungle and it is very damp there which will play havoc with his fur.

However Bob is an intrepid bear and not likely to be put off  by giant anacondas or anything else for that matter. I only hope he knows what he is doing. I shall be glad to have him back safe and sound in good old Blighty at the end of next week. I asked him if he had enough insect repellent but he thought the light rum and triple sec in his banana daiquirys would do the job.

Meanwhile he has again signed off with a request for me to publish 2 more paintings. These are “Black Point, Penmon #2 ” – an oil on canvasblackpointpenmon2 and ;

 blakeneybeach“Blakeney Beach, Norfolk” – a gouache on canvas board. This is the first formal painting in gouache. As always Curly Bob is keen to keep my portfolio  balanced .

Drop by again, for more news of Bob’s progress on his seminar and the results of the expedition into the jungle.

Vanbear7 p.p. Curly Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment